Saturday 31 January 2009

New books!!!!

Charity shops are BAD! Well, by their very nature they're good, but still. Ten minutes and I'm walking out with 5 new books. I say new. New to me. Well, 4 new to me. One is another copy of a book I already have. Well, if we're saying that, 3 new to me, since one was made into a TV series and I've watched it (over and over again). They were a bargain really, 5 books for £6.50! All paperback, of course, but still! Well, I say 3, but another one of those books was made into a film and I've seen that too. So 2 new to me. (It's a vicious circle. Grr)

Anyway, I just bought (drumroll)

Pratical Magic, Alice Hoffman I love this movie, so I actually can't wait to see how much better the book is!

The Kite Runner, Khaled Hosseini. This one has caught my eye from time to time, and I know there's a movie now, but I really wanted to read it first, I've been told how very good it is, and I've finally picked it up!

Les Liaisons Dangereuses, Choderlos de Laclos. I've owned this book for years, it's my comfort reading, but my book is falling apart. A new copy for £1? Yes please!

Getting Rid Of Matthew, Jane Fallon. Again, another book I've heard really good things about, and never picked up. It looks like great Sunday evening reading!

Sex And The City, Candace Bushnell. Yes, it's true. I've never read it, much less owned it. I know, of course, that the TV programme is a completely different creature (as is the movie), and I love those versions of the characters, but it's time I read how it all began.

I'm glad I can read serveral books in the same time period, otherwise I wouldn't know what to read first!

No comments: