Tuesday 22 June 2010

Today, I am 26

I've still got a lot of growing to do. Each truth I discover throws up more questions and mistakes I've yet to make.

I will inevitably let people down. I don't like it, and will strive to make sure it doesn't happen, but I know that the more I learn about myself, the more likely my ideals and motives will change and with that, essentially invalidating contradicting and until then, completely sincere promises.

It's not nice to know that about myself. But, I suppose, at least I know.

But anyway....

I don't care as much about losing weight as I do about feeling fit. You may think it's the same thing, but it isn't.

I seek strength from my closest friends, and can't help mother some of them.

I want exactly what I have, squared.

I still don't want kids.

I will never be sick of feeling the grass between my toes.

Or laughing at dirty jokes.

Or hearing my nearest and dearest laugh, for that matter.

I love finding common ground between me and new people in my life.

As much as I love my holiday, I'm almost missing work.

I still love Zero 7.

I love surprising people, in the nicest of ways.

Stephen Fry is THE MAN.

I'm sick of the Go Compare ads.

I want ice cream.

And that's just today! Thoughts and feelings that may have occurred to me before, some new - but all have been on my mind today.

Happy Birthday to me. I'm grateful for so much, and can't wait to see what this year brings.

2 comments:

Mother of Reinvention said...

Happy Birthday Missus! I hope that it was a good one. Your cake looked awesome, Shoe power!!
Hope that you can keep the 23rd July free. I am making corsets for Dolly's "Ooh La La" fashion show (honest) and it would be great to catch up. Birthday Besos, K xx

Miz said...

Thank you! It was a good one, the cake however, wasn't really for me, my family in Wales bought it and ate it in my honour. Quite sweet really :D

I'm sure I can be available :) I was saying to Dolly the other day, I miss you guys! Now that I'm settled, I can venture out again, so expect to see more of me!

xx