Sunday 14 September 2008

Vintage Loving...

Yes, I know, this is my coffee shop blog, but I just have to announce to the world, that I am indeed a Vintage Queen!

I'm quietly taking over the shops decor, with plump, scrumptious cushions, little throws and pastel pink teapots. Hmmm :) Next step is shifting the generic glass tea cups to the back and replacing them with ever-so-dainty china cups, and big solid mugs, replacing some small old Ikea stuff with deliciously mismatched cutlery and crockery. And lace! Oh lordy!

French doilies will be placed underneath the titchy small vases decorated with everlasting floral scenes and dipped in gold. I'll whitewash the wooden tables and take down the so called artwork with their uninspired frames, to put up beautiful painting (and frames) you never tire of looking at. Yes, I want the place I spend most of my time to reflect my taste and personality. The fact I'm also intending to buy the place as soon as can is just a happy coincidence!

Yes, you read right. I want to buy this little place from my boss. I'm in no great financial state to do so, but I'm working on it, and my boss knows about my intentions. Don't know if he's taking it seriously - but he should! I want this so much. I've always loved working in cafes, and for a long time I've known thats what I want to work towards - a place of my own. I'm not expecting to turn into the next Starbucks (god forbid - I love coffee!), or make my fortune - I just want to enjoy going into work and pay my bills on time. Anything more is just a bonus, and should be treated as such.

Until then, I'll continue to prettify this wee place, and listen to Julie London while I do....




Quote of the day is something I read here - all we really need in this world is "...just three things to be truly happy in this world. Someone to love, something to do and something to hope for."

Never a quote truer said :D

No comments: