Tuesday 29 September 2009

Ah well!

So I haven't received my income support today. And it's actually my fault! I was abit silly, and didn't think to keep note of when my sick line ran out, so I need to get a new one on Thursday. Until then, I've got £20 to live off. Crap, but not the end of the world. I *was* supposed to go for lunch with my friend, but I'll have to either cancel or suggest a cheaper approach. As in, water!

But, it's not getting me down. I went to bed early last night, and I actually slept through the night! This hasn't happened in... oh, I don't know - ages! I woke up with Gof (and yes, I stayed up all Sunday night, and made him his tea and toast for Monday morning!), and even though it would have been easy for me to just roll over and go back to sleep, I got up, made breakfast and dealt with the DWP/doctors already! I'm just sipping on some water, then cycling to Anniesland to go to the Jobcentre for 11.

I'm supposed to meet Sandy in town for 2, but I'll see if she wants to meet on Thursday instead, as I'll *hopefully* have money by then. We're going to start knitting together, so I need supplies! Also, I want to drag her to the bead company as well, I've got a few pieces to make for birthdays and the run up to Christmas, but it's no fun when there's no pennies to spend!

This morning has happened before, when I've arrange to do something fun and creative, meet a friend, and I've ended up unable to through lack of funds. Dealing with several faceless people who really couldn't care less always gets me down, but today, I've not let it bother me. I'll repeat that.

I've not let it bother me.

I've not figured, fuck it, I don't care, nothing ever works, I'm going back to bed, I'm hiding away. I've dealt with it, texted Sandy, rearranged, and generally getting on with it.

No drama.

No pity poor me.

I believe it's another step in the right direction. I'm treating it as the general small annoyance it is, and not some big bad upset destroying my life. A small step, but a decisive one, I think.

Exuse me while I go feel ridiculously pleased with myself!

No comments: