Monday 21 September 2009

Monday No Blues!

Right missus, time to get serious again. I fell back into eating wheat and not exercising, bad me! I could blame a multitude of things, but really, that's excuses, not reasons. So it goes, I will be the exception that proves the rule - Monday plans CAN work!

And the plans are - no more wheat (again), I've not been too bad, but I can see myself getting worse if I don't nip it in the bud. Also, proper mornings. As in, don't sleep in to stupid o'clock because I've nothing else to do. FIND something to do! I actually like getting up in the morning with Gof, making us breakfast, coffee, whatever, and spending the morning with him before he goes to work. After that, at least 45 mins on the Wii Fit. I found a blog that a woman is keeping (here) and the tips she's given, I'm going to use myself. The routine I'll follow, for now, will be an adaptation of hers.

Warm up
10 minutes of Yoga
x2 Warrior pose - thighs + hips
x2 Half moon – waist
x2 Sun salutation pose – arms, thighs, lower back

Main workout
10 minutes of Rhythm Boxing
3 minutes of Super Hula Hoop
15 minutes of Free Step

Warm down
10 minutes of Strength Training + Yoga
Jack knife (15-30 reps) – abs
x2 Bridge pose – back, waist, hips, glutes, legs
x2 Spinal twist – lower back + hips

Of course, that'll be after the daily body test too. I know the Wii Fit age isn't scientifically correct, but it's a good way for me to focus my attention, and I was getting better before I stopped doing it. I'll also be measuring my vitals (arms, waist, hips etc.) every fortnight, and if I'm brave, I may even post them!

I'm cycling about a lot more too, and I'm already feeling the change in my legs. Which is good, I liked my legs when I was skinny! Stopped drinking fizzy juice too, and I've decided after the amount of alcohol I've drunk over the past week, I'm going dry for a month, give myself a break. Only water, milk and coffee for me! oh, ok, herbal tea too, I'll treat myself :P

All in all, I think I've had a strong start - long may it continue!

PS - I've lost 3lbs this past week - win!

No comments: