Monday 16 November 2009

In a country far far away....

Miz found herself in a place with very little internet access. Sometimes, she was able to return to her dear Love's house, but the computer in the corner was no match for his arms, and she spent the little time she had curled up in them instead of writing her blog. It was always too soon before she had to return to place she needed to live. Time was short, and Love won out each and every time. 


But during this break from the blog, a number of new, exciting and plain strange things happened. Everytime, she thought, I should blog about this, but when the opportunity arose... so did his arms. She let chance and chance slip, and before she knew it, a month had gone by. How do update such a load of new information? She'd updated as much in little snippets as she could, but she could no longer hold off - so she sat, and began to type...

I hate not writing. More speficially, I hate not typing! I've tried to actually, you know, write during my time away, but in all honesty, I give up, and half baked ideas for articles and the like end up lying in a folder I know I should look at, but never do. But then, in this time, the evenings I usually sit at the computer and while away the hours, I have actually started a new, quite lovely, routine.



I pin curl my hair, make a cup of tea, and cosy in on the sofa and knit. Yes, knit. I'm trying to learn. It's nice. a lovely change.

But, I should rewind. I'm still at the hostel. But I've been moved into the one and only full flat within the project. Before, I had a delightful Pepto-Bismol pink room with an en-suite, and I loved it enough to make it look like mine. I was complimented several times on how lovely I had my room, but when the opportunity arose to move downstairs into the selfcontained flat (bedroom, living room with kitchen, shower room/WC), I jumped at it. It's nice to have that space thats all mine. Meanwhile, paperwork has never moved so fast! My DLA is sorted, I'm on the Housing Lists of several areas near both Love and my dad, and Homechoice have also accepted me. So I'm on the right track. I'm also still involved with GAMH and have recently signed up to the Condtion Management Program, so that when I'm settled into my own place, I'll have the help I need to get back into work. Other than that, I'm still waiting on an appointment from Riverside, but I realise, that especially at this time of year, that their waiting lists are *that* bit longer. I don't mind so much, the waiting. I'd rather know I was in the queue, than doing nothing at all.

I have have an almost routine too. A routine I want to stick to, for the length of time I'm there. I wake up around 9am, and have a cup of coffee, and spread up everything I haven't done the night before. I then have a Wii Fit workout, have breakfast, shower, then leave for the day. Visiting friends, doing "official" stuff, whatever, even just walking around town, although thats getting more difficult with the Christmas build up. I then go back up the road, make dinner, and either pull out my knitting or scrap book, one I'm making for my flat. I'll take pictures, and show you another time. With either the tv or a DVD on, I'll chill out, occasionally checking my NEW BLACKBERRY (yes I'm pleased :D) for messages or facebook updates, depending on the signal, dotted with painting my nails, doing my hair, etc. Generally, taking it easy, but keeping my mind on the main goal. Complete self sufficiency!

I'm almost there....

No comments: