Tuesday 17 March 2009

I'm crazy busy!!

Well, that didn't last long. I'm out of a job. I'll explain all another time, of course, but right now I'm too happy to be that bothered about the abortion of a job.

I'm officially obsessed about Repo! The Genetic Opera. I've been looking forward to it for ages, but for some reason, the general public in America just didn't enjoy it, and it died a death. Luckily, some forward thinking folk have turned it into an *Experience* and it's quickly became a cult fave. The director, Darren Lynn Bousman (of Saw 2,3&4 fame) and co-creator Terrance Zdunich, along with Darren's fiancee Laura and LionsgateUK rep Luke, have done a UK road tour, ending last week in Glasgow. Of course, I went along - although I had just finished work and still had my uniform on (the shame!). I met them, and my fellow audience members, most of whom had dressed up as characters (and yes, I was jealous!!) and watched the movie, followed by a Q&A sesh, which was funny as hell (a drunken girl trying to get her words out was a particular bellygrabbing point!) Afterwards, we all headed to Nice & Sleazy's (the clue's in the name :P) and us Weegies got the Americans (and a certain English rep) good and drunk!

I do intend to do a proper review of the movie - but again, this isn't the point of this post. My point (and I'm finally getting to it!) is that I'm going to sort out a club night, theme of Repo! at either the Classic Grand, or, more likely, Cathouse. I want to start it soon, have people dress up, competions, and play music from the movie itself. Of course, there's alot to consider, but I really need to try this. I miss organising gigs!

Ideas? And/or suggestions?

1 comment:

The Vintage Kitten said...

Hiya Miz, Im so sorry about the job, but you dont sound too bothered so thats good. Repo sounds exciting. I cant wait to see the pictures!! X