Saturday 6 June 2009

Not long left

I promise to remember that time we all got locked out of your house and went outside in pouring rain to playfight instead.

I promise to remember walking along country roads just around Easterhouse and finding old buildings.

I promise to remember the time, on one of those walks, finding the old brewery and looking in the flooded basements for bottles of booze. And not finding any.

I promise to remember that even though you were into dance music, you loved the line form K's Choice "Virgin State of Mind" - Do you think I'm sexy? Do you think I really care?

I promise to remember we all made fun of your alien shaped head. Even you.

I promise to remember you were my little sister's first love. And how much I appreciated you treating her like a princess.

I promise to remember you made me breakfast when I was hungover.

I promise to remember you love Rangers.

I promise to remember the sneaky joints we all shared in the fields.

I promise to remember the summers out in the back gardens.

I promise to remember the boys hanging out your window and the girls hanging out Stacy's across the way.

I promise to remember the time we sprayed deodorant down a pipe and lit it on fire.

I promise to remember you.

No comments: